Monday, June 1, 2009

Hobnobbing At The Gym (No Not The Biscuit!)

Training At the Gym
I'm becoming a regular gym bunny at the moment, and hopefully it will last this time! Having had many, many failed attempts at a fitness regime in the past, I've actually lasted longer this time than any other! Ok, ok, I know it's only been about 4 weeks but I've been having 2 sessions a week with a personal trainer and 1 or 2 a week on my own! No longer am I waking up, the day after a session unable to walk up and down stairs. Adam even thinks I'm getting pretty hardcore with the stuff I'm doing at the gym. Hopefully the results should start to be visible fairly soon. I can definitely notice a difference with my ability and fitness level at the gym, now I want to see toned bits!

Any way, you'll be asking the question, why 'hobnobbing at the gym' for a title? Well... I was in the gym this morning for my normal Monday session with the trainer. I was probably about 1/2 way through my session and in the process of doing some exercises with some weights when somebody caught my attention. Huummmmm, I thought to myself as I continued my exercise, I'm sure I recognise that person. As they walked closer, I knew exactly who it was, and just like any star struck person would do, I stopped my exercise and exclaimed to my trainer "Oh my god, it's Tony from Home and Away!"
"Who?" she said.
"Tony, you know, from Home and Away?!" I replied
"I don't watch Home and Away." She said "but we do get quite a few celebs working out in here."


As I continued my session I made sure that I was able to make secretive glances over towards 'Tony' to check that I wasn't mistaking someone else for him. Nope, definitely him. He looks a lot shorter in real life and, dare I say it a little older. To be fair who does look their best when at the gym sweating it out?! Maybe I'm being a little harsh. I know I'm certainly not at my most attractive when in the gym.

Anyway, I hope to be able to do some more celeb spotting at the gym in the future. It may have to be Home and Away spotting as I'm not really clued up on any other Aussie celebs apart from Neighbours actors and they're based in Melbourne. I'll keep you posted, although I'm pretty sure that I won't be seeing 'Alf Stewart' in the gym any time soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment