Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fashion Freaks!

Spotting Awful Trends On The Street
I really like looking at what other people are wearing. It allows you to pick up some really good ideas as well as make you think 'Oh my god, what were they thinking?!' I've noticed some terrible 'Oh my god, what were you thinking?!' mistakes on the streets of Sydney recently.

Firstly, what is it with men and skinny jeans?! It looks fine on women, as long as they're not on the porky side, but it just looks completely wrong on men. For a start it looks jolly uncomfortable in certain areas of the anatomy and I just don't think it looks attractive. What's more and even worse is the man who wears his skinny jeans half way down his crotch so you can see an underpanted bottom and underpants in full view out the top of the waistband. It actually looks like the guy has got dressed in the dark and mistakenly put on his girlfriend's jeans because they're too tight and far too short in length, that they have to wear them so low slung (God I sound old!)

I saw a particularly horrendous example of this fashion no no on the bus into Sydney city centre. Sadly I didn't have my camera on me so there is no photographic evidence. I tried my best on google images to recreate it, but failed miserably. Any way this guy literally had his waist band around his crotch. The jeans were so tight they looked like they had been sprayed on and he couldn't sit down, he actually opted to stand! His t-shirt and jumper were therefore too short and he kept trying to pull them down to cover his underpants!!

The next fashion nightmare I spotted was whilst I was walking around the city. As well as enjoying looking at the clothes people are wearing I also love looking at the shoes they're wearing. I didn't however enjoy looking at this particular pair of shoes! The were just like gloves for feet.

After further research on the internet, I found out that these things are the next new thing in sporting footwear! They're called 'Vibram Five Fingers'. I know I certainly won't be wearing them. If you like them, and I very much hope you don't! You can find out more on the web site.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more! The mental image of the man in jeans made me shudder - they wear them like this in the UK although I have to say they are often baggy and low slung meaning they have to keep pulling them up for fear of losing them right down the leg. The shoes just look bizarre! They won't find their way into my wardrobe.
    Mum x

    ReplyDelete