Friday, May 1, 2009

Taronga Zoo - Sydney

Taronga Zoo - Sydney
"Taronga Zoo is a leading zoological garden, featuring Australia's finest collection of native animals and a diverse collection of exotic species. Taronga Zoo is in a fantastic location. It is situated on elevated land along the waterfront, in one of the most beautiful vantage points on Sydney Harbour overlooking Sydney Cove, the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House."


We visited the Zoo with Chris, John, Andy and Jen. To get to the Zoo we had to head to Circular Quay to catch the ferry. Once at the Zoo we were all happy for John to take charge! He had a map and straight away began to plot a route for us to follow.

The boys all seemed to like the fact that there were huge spiders up above our heads in the trees. I however was not very keen and made sure that I did not linger underneath any of them. Andy seemed to pick up on the fact that I did not like spiders and thought that it would be really funny to grab my leg as I was checking for spiders overhead!! You can imagine what happened next... Yep, I let out an almighty scream and jumped right out of my skin! Probably not my coolest moment.


The Zoo houses many different animals from all around the world as well as animals native to Australia. The elephants, giraffes, lions, gorillas etc all looked very impressive. I particulary liked the red panda and the Koalas. The lads really liked the lizards, snakes and reptiles. The meer kats were very amusing and we really liked the one that was furiously digging and another one that seemed to be tanning itself underneath a heat lamp!



1 comment:

  1. Loving those koalas and lizards. Not so keen on the spiders though - how will you cope??

    And Adam - interesting shorts ;0)

    ReplyDelete