Monday, September 21, 2009

Stop Press! Strange Vegetable Alert!

Wacky Vegetables
I’ve just been watching the TV and to my astonishment I saw an advert for a supermarket (Woolworths, not to be confused with the now defunct Woollies in the UK). They were advertising special offers for fruit and vegetables. To my amusement the guy started to push the vegetable ‘broccoflower’! No, you’re not reading this wrong and no, I didn’t hear it wrong. Apparently it is a cross between broccoli and cauliflower! It looks very similar to a cauliflower but instead of the white central part it’s green and looks like a mix of broccoli and cauliflower florets!


Perhaps I could invent some interesting cross fruit and veg possibilities! How about;
Grorange – a cross between an orange and a grapefruit
Piwi – a cross between a kiwi and a peach
Rapple – a cross between an apple and a raspberry
Carnip – a cross between a carrot and a parsnip
Enough! I’m getting a little bit carried away and beginning to worry about how sad I have become thinking about possible vegetable and fruit cross breeding! Anyone else know of any cross veggies or fruits? I suppose it’s the same idea as a labradoodle (cross between a Labrador and a poodle!)

No comments:

Post a Comment